We offer support in the following ways:
• through our telephone Helpline;
• by responding to confidential letters;
• by establishing local support groups countrywide;
• by organising meetings, conferences, workshops and training to raise awareness;
• by publishing Newsletters and publications to help inform on the issues;
• by advising churches and church authorities on effective policies and procedures.
MACSAS supports those who were abused as a child or as an adult by a clergyperson, minister, pastor, church leader, religious or religious sister. As a victim or survivor you may yourself be a priest, minister or religious sister. We are happy to give you the support you might also need.
Members of MACSAS regularly support survivors by advocating for them. Liaising with the Police and with the Churches or finding them lawyers who are willing to take on their cases if they are seeking compensation.
We also offer advice and resources for those who care about what happens in our church communities, to both children and adults, and who wish to stamp out all sexual violation by church leaders. If you are a clergyperson or Minister yourself, and need advice or help, please do contact us.
MACSAS wants all those sexually abused or exploited by church leaders to know they are not alone. We have vast experience of supporting and advising in this area of abuse work.
?All who work for MACSAS are volunteers, who themselves are survivors. Helpline workers are trained and certified to undertake helpline duties.
Free Helpline: 0808 801 0340
The Helpline currently has very limited ability
We would like to expand this service but need to raise substantial funds to do so